Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Besties!

Hello, dear readers,

Tonight [well technically this morning] I've decided to do a tag [I hope no one's heart stops from shock] that's been going around for at least the past month on YouTube. This is, as you may have guessed from the title, the "Summer Besties" tag.

There are ten categories, and you're supposed to pick your favorite summer item for each category. Of course, this means I'll probably cheat for some and not have anything for others.

Here we go!


1. Lip product: I'm a lipstick girl through and through, and I've been rotating between a few lately. However, if I had to pick one perfect summer lipstick, it will have to be L'Oreal Colour Riche in Tropical Coral.
For lack of a better description, this is perfect for summer because it is a nice coral, but it's only a few shades more pigmented and brighter than my natural lips. If you want some more detail, I wrote a post on it when I first started the blog, so you can head on over here.


2. Blush: I hate to disappoint, but I actually never wear blush. The last time I wore it was probably in my elementary school days in day camp plays for stage makeup. Obviously I'm no connoisseur here, though I do own an unopened Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips blush that I won in a contest.

3. Nail Polish: Due to the fact that I've already worn this twice within a month, I have to go with China Glaze For Audrey. 

I'm not 100% sure if this is an exact match to Tiffany Blue, but I absolutely love it. For more information on this product and why I'm not a fan of the brand, read my post here.

4. Liquid Face Product: It's definitely tinted moisturizer here. I do own two different brands, but for now I'd have to say that my favorite is CoverGirl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisture in 805 Fair to Light.


This still needs a powder to set it, but it's nice to even out the skin and give a very sheer tint to it. Once again, you can read a review here. [Self promotion is the key to happiness! Don't quote me on this. Mostly because it's just not true.]

5. Powder Face Product: Because I only use one, this award goes to... Physician's Formula Powder Palette® Multi-Colored Face Powder in Translucent.



This came with a powder puff, so I swapped that out for a brush that came in the green version of this palette [DON'T BUY THE GREEN ONE. Unless you'd like to look like Elphaba, otherwise known as the Wicked Witch of the West.]. It helps to keep my makeup in place throughout the day and mattifies it, at least temporarily. I've never fully reviewed this product, but I did mention it on my post about faking a flawless face.

6. Hair Product: If we're talking specifically summer, then I suppose my must-have for summer is leave-in conditioner. The one I'm using now is V05 Detangle and Shine Restoring leave-in conditioner.

I've been having trouble finding this product, but I actually quite enjoy it. If you want to know exactly how I use it, take a gander over at this page. Basically I spray this in after drying with a T-shirt, and then I scrunch. Sometimes I don't even need the shine serum after!

7. Eye Product: I don't actually wear eye products. I do put concealer on my eyelids to even out the lid color, but no true eye products.

8. Self Tanner/Tanning Product: As my brother says, "There's Snow White and then there's Snow Whiter." I happen to be both. He refers to the fact that I'm so pale as the "Snow White," and that once you notice that I actually have a watch tan and shoe tans, you see that my color during the rest of the year is "Snow Whiter." I don't use tanning products, needless to say, so I thought I'd mention my favorite sunscreen. It's Neutrogena Sensitive Skin sunblock lotion.


The reason I love this so much is that it's a mineral sunblock with both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. This means it's great for sensitive skin as it is a physical protectant against the sun's rays. I also like the Pure and Free baby sunblock, which has the exact same formulation. They are both waterproof, hypoallergenic, fragrance free, etc. Read the label!

9. Fashion Accessory: Ballet flats and cute necklaces. End of story.

Though I'd love to, I don't own any of these.

I actually own this one.
I own this one, too! Both are from Avon, I believe.
I live in ballet flats for as long as I can throughout the year, but especially in the summer. I hate flip flops, and don't own a decent pair of sandals. As for jewelry, I get more into gold in the summer, and I love charms, keys, and the nautical theme.

10. Clothing Piece: Dresses and skirts!
I promise this dress is actually cute. I own it!


I own this as well and it's so cute.
That about rounds up everything. It's time for me to get some sleep. It's getting late!

I'd love to hear what your summer besties are, if you haven't already shared.

To lazy summer days.

xEsther




Images from:
http://www.thisnext.com/tag/harpers-bazaar/ 
http://www.sallybeauty.com/china-glaze/SBS-606417,default,pd.html
http://www.drugstore.com/covergirl-smoothers-spf-15-spf-15-tinted-moisture-fair-to-light-805/qxp153558
http://www.goodguide.com/products/267587-physicians-formula-powder-palette
http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/yr7dtzmw/Alberto-Vo5-Detangle-Amp-Shine-Restoring-Daily-Leave-In-Conditioner-10oz
http://www.shopstyle.com/product/neutrogena-ulta-skin-care-sensitive-skin-sunblock-lotion-spf-60/113056100
http://www.thefashionpolice.net/2007/07/wanted-nexts-au.html
http://www.sportslinkup.com/shop/0-Heart-key-48.html
http://www.sportslinkup.com/shop/0-Gold-rope-8-LOWEST.html
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=dress%5Fcasual&product%5Fid=2000014222&Page=all&pgcount=25

No comments:

Post a Comment