Friday, July 15, 2011

Would You Rather: Beauty Edition





Once again, the wonderful tradition of tags continues right here on this blog, this time taken once more from
ElleandBlair.com. In case you forgot to read the title, this is another "Would You Rather" tag. If you so desire, you can find my first of these two tags right here. That one focuses specifically on makeup, whereas this is beauty in general.

Here we go!

1. Would you rather walk around all day with you skirt tucked in your underwear or be seen wearing a really see through dress? 
If my skirt was tucked into my underwear all day and I didn't know, that would be a horrible embarrassment, but I think I'd realize a dress was see-through before I left the house. In that case, I could easily wear something under it. I'll have to go with the latter.

2. Would you rather go to a party and not realize until the end of the night that you have lipstick on your teeth or that your fake lashes are coming unglued?
I don't wear fake lashes anyway, and I feel like it would be more embarrassing to have them coming unglued than to have lipstick on my teeth. I've gotten it on my teeth once, and a friend was kind enough to tell me. In any case, I feel like lipstick is still considered a classic idea of makeup whereas false lashes are somewhat novel and frowned upon around the people I associate with, so the idea of having false lashes would be more embarrassing in general. Make any sense?

3. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
I'd easily rather forget to put mascara on one eye than blush on one side of my face. I don't actually wear either product, but when I wear mascara at random no one can tell it's on. It wouldn't be nearly as dramatic as blush on one side of my face, because I'm so pale. That would stand out like a water fountain in the Sahara Desert.

4. Would you rather wear lipstick/lipliner combo or frosty blue eyeshadow?
I can confess that I wore frosty blue eyeshadow for my Bat Mitzvah back at age 13, and it didn't look half bad for the [lack of] skill I had at the time. It's funny to think I used to be very into eyeshadow/eye glitter [please don't remind me of that phase]. If the lipstick and lipliner match, I guess I'd choose that, but if it is dark lip liner and lighter lipstick, I'd stick to the frosty shadow.

5. Would you rather wear foundation that is two shades too light or go way overboard on bronzer?
This is a no brainer. Definitely foundation that's two shades too light. I don't actually think foundation exists that's two shades lighter than my skin. Easy answer.

6. Would you rather drink an entire bottle of ketchup or run into the guy who broke your heart on a bad hair day when your skin is freaking out?
I have a very sensitive stomach, so I cannot physically drink a bottle of ketchup. Also, if the guy broke my heart, than he doesn't deserve to see me looking my best, and I'll eventually have to get over him. 

7. Would you rather be able to date any celeb you wanted or wake up with perfect red carpet-worthy hair?
We all know many celebrity relationships last approximately five minutes in real world time, and I'd much rather have perfect hair every day. I do like my hair, but it is quite far from red carpet-worthy or perfect. It would make me feel so glamorous to have perfect hair.

8. Would you rather your armpits smell musky or like delicious lasagna?
Both options are equally revolting, but I guess lasagna is a good smell, so people would think I ate it all the time and started smelling like it. If I absolutely have to pick, lasagna it is.

9. Would you rather give up your makeup or cell phone for one year?
This is tough. I mean, I rarely actually pick up my phone, but I use it a lot when I'm at school. Sometimes, though, I'd rather go without it. Makeup is just too much fun. For practicality, I suppose I'd go without makeup, but in all honesty I'd rather go without my cell phone. I can borrow someone else's.

10. Would you rather run into a cute guy you like with food all in your grill or no makeup at all?
I'd definitely rather have no makeup on at all, because I don't mind going without it every once in a while. Food all in my grill is just embarrassing.

I hope you enjoyed this tag, and please feel free to do it if you'd like! I love reading them.

xEsther


Image from http://www.james-greenwood.com/2009/08/04/key-questioning/

No comments:

Post a Comment