Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Would You Rather: Makeup

Hello lovely readers!

To solve the dilemma of a strong desire to blog and very little time to do so, I've decided to take on the challenge of a tag that was going around on YouTube and blogs since at least last summer. This is the Would You Rather Makeup tag.

Here goes:
1. Would you rather go out with messy hair and nice make-up, or nice hair and no make-up?  
I don't really wear a full face of makeup, but I can't live without at least concealer. My hair has been messy loads of times, as you may have seen in pictures in my other posts, but I feel if my skin looks good and I've got lip color on, I can just throw my hair back. So messy hair and nice make-up it is.

Would you rather shave your eyebrows or have your eyelashes fall out?                                   
This is a very difficult and rather strange question. I guess if my eyelashes fell out, I could use false lashes [much as I am averse to them] until they grew back, whereas eyebrows are really hard to make real-looking without any actual hair there.                                             

Would you rather be forced to shop at only MAC or Sephora for the rest of your life?
I actually don't shop at either. Shock! Horror! I've been curious to try MAC, and maybe someday I will, but I'd choose Sephora because it has a variety of brands and products. Personally, I prefer Ulta because it's like a less expensive Sephora

Would you rather wear lipgloss/lipliner look or 80's perm?
My hair is curly and has a lot of natural volume as it is, but 80's perms terrify me. I guess I'd have to choose lipgloss/lipliner, horrifying as that is. 

Would you rather leave the house with an obvious foundation line or overdone blush?
Another tough one. I don't actually wear either. The most I ever wear besides concealer is powder, but I think overdone blush would be my choice simply because I'm so pale and have some redness in my cheeks anyway. Obvious foundation line would be truly awful.

Would you rather wear MC Hammer pants or biker shorts in public?
To be quite clear, I would never wear either of these in public. For the sake of this tag, however, I'll say MC Hammer pants because I've always been quite self-conscious of my thighs and would never go about in skin tight pants. I personally don't understand the whole leggings as pants trend.

Would you rather have a bad orange-y spray tan or really weird tan lines that can't be covered?
When I tan it's so unnoticeable that I actually would find weird tan lines amusing because it would mean I could actually get noticeably tan. I've also had weird tan lines on my feet, and a watch tan so I've already experienced that. A bad orange-y spray tan would be so embarrassingly and glaringly obvious that I'd look like one of Willy Wonka's new Oompa Loompas. Weird tan lines for me, thanks!

Would you rather have a bad haircut or bad hair color?
I've had so many bad haircuts in my life that I've sort of gotten used to the pain of it. I guess I'd rather have a bad cut because it would just grow back [as it has time and time and time again]. Bad hair color would mean re-dying and more damage.

Would you rather have youtube or twitter taken away forever?
I don't have a Twitter, and my YouTube account is purely for subscriptions. I'd definitely prefer Twitter being taken away because I honestly think the way that some people use it is a bit ridiculous. I understand how it's useful to communicate quickly, but personally I don't think everything I do at every second of my life is so important that it must be documented. I also don't follow anyone's twitter.

Would you rather give up using makeup brushes or mascara?
I don't use mascara, so I guess I could live without that. Alarming, I know. But the few times I've worn it for performances, no one's been able to tell I'm wearing it. Maybe it was the mascara I was using, but I've lived until now without it, so I think I'll be fine.

That is the tag. Anyone who wants to do this and hasn't yet is welcome to. I'd love to see it!

I've also written a skincare tips post, but I haven't put it up yet because it is so unbelievably long and picture-less that I might split it in two. I have to figure out how to organize that.

Thanks for reading!

xEsther





No comments:

Post a Comment