Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Bad Episode of Skincare Chronicles: Part 1

Hello, dear readers,

If you happened to glance upon my silly little post here, you might remember that I mentioned a complete remake of my skincare routine due to a little trip to a product-happy [or so it seems] dermatologist. Lovely young lady that she is [as if I'm not younger than she], it seems that the products she gave me managed to make my skin worse.

I'll go into more detail about what exactly she prescribed me at a later date [aka not 2 in the morning. I really should learn to sleep. Really.], but essentially I faithfully used the products for a full three weeks at least. What happened when I did that, you ask?

Why, breakouts happened. First of all, I don't think you should change more than one product in your routine each month because you won't be able to tell which product is affecting you positively and which is ruining your skin. Since I'd have to experiment slowly with taking out one product at a time if I wanted to see which product was breaking me out, I decided I'd rather not wait.

Instead, I'm currently back on my old skincare routine, which can be read here. The only difference is that I now use the Tretinoin every other night.

That's all for tonight, folks.

Sleep well if it's night time, and have a nice rest of your day if you've got hours to go!

xEsther

1 comment: