Monday, July 11, 2011

Outfit On The Road

Hello, dear readers,

As ever, I'm a bit all over the place with my blogging schedule, so these pictures were actually meant for Tuesday, July 5th. I wanted to show you the outfit I wore on the way home from Iowa after the Fourth of July weekend, which also happened to be the day we went to the Amana Colonies in Iowa.

The Amana Colonies consists of houses as well as several craft stores, furniture stores, chocolate shops, and traditional American restaurants. Many of the goods, in fact most of them, are Amish-made. It's a historic site and a very charming town in the country. I've been to the Colonies twice before this time, and I'm not entirely sure of the reasons why. I know my sister got a bedside table there on one trip, and I'm almost positive our dining room set came from here. If not, it was from another Amish area.

This time we went to get my brother a bedside table, which I am quite proud to say that I found for him. We ate at the Colony Inn, where absolutely nothing on the menu appealed to me besides their mashed potatoes. I don't even like mashed potatoes, but theirs are amazing. I was well aware that this is a very meat-and-potatoes type of place, but my mom really wanted to eat there, so there you go. It was a specially ordered grilled cheese sandwich for me [thrilling, I know!] because I'm not a meat-and-potatoes type of gal.

This outfit wouldn't exactly be appropriate for the Amish women themselves, but for me it was super comfy and cute. I'm wearing absolutely no makeup in these pictures either.

Here are some outdoor shots and some "I'm-in-the-bathroom-at-a-rest-stop-trying-to-quickly-take-a-picture-and-leave-shots."


Dress/Tunic: Forever 21                      
Leggings:Forever 21                            
Shoes: Chocolat Blu from Jubilee      
Purse: Lesportsac                                    
Sunglasses: Studio 35 from Walgreens


Better view of the crochet detail on the dress/tunic [I really can't tell! Tragic.]
and the purse, coupled with weird facial expression.                                                                                                                 


Another awkward bathroom shot.


Back in time to Amana [the bathroom pics were          
taken later], where my arms are cut off due                  
to the fact that I'm not posting pictures of my family.  
 Only my mom actually knows about this blog as of yet.                                       
Fun fact: The rest stop on the way home was actually a tourist information center that had been closed down due to lack of funding. Only the bathrooms were open, which is quite sad.

I hope you enjoyed this mini trip into Iowa country, and the fantastic bathroom of the underfunded rest stop. 

Hope you have a wonderful night/are having a great day, wherever you are!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment