Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tiffany's at My Fingertips: A Mini Review

Hello, dear readers,

After lauding the shade of polish that is China Glaze's For Audrey in this post, and indulging you all with the reasons for my purchase of said polish, I thought it only fair to actually show you what it looks like. Again, my camera is nowhere to be found and still needs either a new battery or some repair, so I'm resigned to using my MacBook camera, so the quality of photos is entirely dependent upon available lighting. 

These pictures were taken today, a few minutes ago in fact, after wearing the polish since Monday night. It is now Sunday morning, so it's been on a full five days in between. And not a chip in sight. I applied two coats Monday, and then added another on Tuesday. The reason for this is that I tend to paint my nails quite late at night, and don't always let each coat properly dry. This means that I often wake to minimal creasing in the polish, requiring another coat. I topped it off with a Wet 'n Wild nail protector, reviewed here, and this is what my nails look like now.





Both pictures are true representations of the color as seen in different lighting. The first shows the obvious blue tone of the polish, and the second shows the much less apparent sea foam green undertone of the famous Tiffany Blue.

As for the polish itself, I'm happy with the no chips aspect of it, but, as I think I've mentioned before, I'm careful to not chip polish regardless of quality or brand, so I may not be the best person to turn to if you're wondering how long-wearing it is. I can often make polish last two weeks with extremely minimal or no chipping.

The thing I don't like about this polish is it contains formaldehyde, a chemical prevalent in many keratin hair treatments and with health risks that I'm not entirely well-informed about. All I know is that it's not a great thing in high amounts. Most polishes no longer use formaldehyde, so I'm surprised China Glaze, a fairly high end brand, still does. Shame on you, China Glaze!

As always in my experience with polish that claims to have "nail hardeners," I actually find it feels soft. The smell is even more wretched than most, and the consistency is slightly runny and uneven, but manageable. Over all, I don't think I'll run out to buy other colors from this brand. I prefer OPI as a high end brand, and drugstore brands also tend to do the trick for me.

The color, however, is gorgeous, and I've gotten several compliments. It's a great summery color, in my opinion, and I think it would look good on most skin tones, though I can't really judge that. It's up to you, my friends, to try if you'd like!

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase because of the particular color, but I won't be dashing out just for this brand.

Have any of you tried this color? What are your favorite brands of nail polish?

To Tiffany Blue and summery nails!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment