Monday, March 21, 2011

Nothing Wrong With a Beautiful Day

Hello lovely readers,

Today was one of the cheeriest days I've experienced in quite a long time. The reason? The weather, of course. It was 75 gorgeous degrees fahrenheit here on campus. Yes, I have returned from an interesting and emotional spring break to the most amazing bout of actual warm spring weather. Back where I live, spring tends to be colder, wetter, and on occasion really rather nice. Here I'm finally experiencing the wonders of what spring should be like.

I'm a warm weather girl, and my year-round makeup works the best in this season, since, overall, I don't wear much! Here's my minimal makeup for the day. I was super excited to break out my go-to warm weather lipstick, L'Oreal Colour Riche Tropical Coral, which I first mentioned here.

Please excuse the webcam's fabulously bad quality and my monumental and unstoppable dark circles.





I really like the way my hair and skin looked today, and you can tell from the first picture that the lipstick is really quite natural looking on my lips. I just have on CG Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer in Fair to Light, and I used my e.l.f. concealer and Almay Smart Shade Concealer under my eyes, though they clearly don't do the trick. I used the elf concealer on blemishes as well.

As for my hair, since it's curly it looks shorter than it is but I was so happy to get a small trim and have the majority of the bulk taken out. My hair doesn't look like a bush! And it's curling nicely thanks to Aveeno Nourish + Style Soft Hold Gel Creme.


Unfortunately, my favorite hair gel-cream was discontinued in December of 2010 without my knowledge! I called the company and a very nice Suave representative informed me that the company no longer makes Suave Professionals Weather Protection 365 Anti-Frizz and Flyaway Cream Gel. Maybe it was the long name that detracted customers, but I really liked the product. However, I must admit that the Aveeno works as more of a gel than the Suave did, providing a better hold but still helping to eliminate frizz. For a laugh, you can check out what I thought about Suave here.

In any case, the weather did wonders for my mood today. I'm currently sitting in the lounge of one of the dorms with a couple of friends who have yet to start their homework. Now before you go scolding me for being the pot calling the kettle black, let me point out that I've nearly finished mine. Yes, I can finally say I started my homework at a reasonable hour.

How was your day?

To sunny days and happy faces!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment