Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shopping!

Hello everyone,

If you read my post on Beautypedia, concealer, and tinted moisturizers, you will know that I was looking at a few specific products to help cover up imperfections and give a more flawless finish to my face without a cakey look. I wanted something effective but still light enough so that I didn't feel like I was wearing a heavy sheet over my face.

I decided on the CG Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer in the end, about $6 at my local Target, also pictured in the earlier post, in the color Fair to Light. I have to say I'm very satisfied with it. I use it over my regular moisturizer, mentioned here and here. It gives me extra sun protection with SPF 15 in a mineral form, and I find that it deposits just enough sheer coverage to even out the redness in my skin and correct the tone enough to allow for slightly less concealer over discolorations. 

Which brings me onto my next subject: concealer. I didn't end up getting either of the concealers mentioned  here because I didn't get a chance to go to Wal-Mart to pick up Hardy Candy's Glamoflauge, and my Target didn't stock the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector. I settled on the e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer in Light Beige, the lightest color available at my Target. I haven't checked to see if there are other colors online, but this seemed more suitable than either of the undereye concealers I currently use, and it was not a powder, a consistency I find makes my skin appear flaky and dull.
 Image from http://www.maltasupermarket.com/health-beauty.html?dir=desc&order=position&p=4


I have not tried this yet, nor read any reviews [shocker, I know!]. It was $1 so I figured I couldn't go wrong trying it out, whether or not it actually works well. 

While at Target I also needed a base coat/top coat, as I am running out due to painting my nails once or twice a week. I prefer getting the double duty nail polishes because I  really don't find it crucial to buy a separate base and top coat. I'm not picky and so I snatched up the Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine Clear Nail Protector.

Image from http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=wet+n+wild+wild+shine+clear+nail+protector&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3205744626813247825&sa=X&ei=TGmCTY6ONdSWtwfvteHKBA&ved=0CDwQ8gIwAg#

I'm assuming it's meant to be worn as a top coat, but I have no qualms using it as a base coat as well. It was also just $1.

My best friend was searching for a tinted moisturizer, but was tentative about the Cover Girl product I like so much. She has light skin as well, but quite noticeably darker than mine [as are most people]. She couldn't decide between the Fair to Light and Light to Medium so she ended up with a different brand altogether. She chose the e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, and I believe she got it in the shade Nude. This product was $3 at Target.
Image from http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/tinted_moisturizer/tinted_moisturizer_spf_20

I'll have to find out what she thinks of it once she tries it, and, of course I'll let you know!

Happy makeup wearing!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment