Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mini Review: Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum

Hello wonderful people,

Since my last mini review seemed to be pretty popular, I thought I'd do a review of a product I've been using for about two years. That would be Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum.

Image from http://www.paulmitchell.com/Products/PaulMitchell/Smoothing/Pages/SuperSkinnySerum.aspx



The reason I got this product originally was actually due to a misunderstanding. You see, the woman who was cutting at my hair at the time, lovely lady that she is, was under the misconception that I wanted to blow out my hair straight every day. So she did a beautiful job of blowdrying my hair and leaving it frizz-free and voluminous. She told my mother and I what she used, and, of course, we bought the product. 

For the next few shampoos, I recreated the look my hairstylist at the time had done, to pretty decent effect I might add. However, I really prefer wearing my hair naturally, so I started using this in the morning on clean, dry hair.

Well let me tell you: It works great for me either way.

Here's what the website, which you can find if you click on the link under the photo, says:
Super Skinny® Serum
SMOOTHES AND CONDITIONS
Basics: La Básico:
Smoothes, conditions and seals strands.
Benefits: Los Beneficios:
Leaves hair smooth, shiny and frizz-free
in any weather.
Bonus: La Ventaja:
Speeds up drying so you get silky smooth results in less time.
Details: Detalles:
  • Our exclusive Super Skinny® Complex penetrates deep into hair to displace water and constrict hair for speedy drying and styling.
  • Lightweight silicones smooth, condition and seal hair with added shine.
Sizes (oz): Tamaños (onzas): .85 5.1 8.5
Now, this product really does seem to cut down drying time for me. You only need a very small amount, maybe a dime to a quarter size depending on the thickness of your hair. I use closer to a quarter sized amount, usually on dry hair that's been scrunched, though, like I said, I do also use it when I blow dry. The way I use it is to run it between my hands and then work from the bottom in the back towards the front and upwards, scrunching it into my curls and adding shine and softness. I'm even able to put the excess very close to the roots without making my hair look greasy.
I do realize that this is a rather pricy product ranging from probably around $14 to $24 depending on the size if you get it in stores. It's probably cheaper on places like Amazon. My reasoning for the price is that if you get 8.5 oz for $24, that's less than $3 an ounce, whereas if you go for John Frieda's anti-frizz serum, you could be paying $7 or more for one ounce. I'll let you do the math.
I hope this review was helpful. Just in case you didn't know, my hair type is very thick with medium bouncy curls.
What products do you like to add shine and smooth hair?
Here's to shiny, smooth hair!
xEsther


No comments:

Post a Comment