Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bright Lips and Blue Skies

Well, dear readers, it's another sunny day [I'm very tempted to say "here in the U.S.A.," but I seriously doubt it's sunny everywhere].

The weather has inspired me to wear one of my favorite bright lip colors, slightly toned down. It is Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 038 In Vogue. I applied it lightly straight from the tube to my bottom lip and applied the rest and smoothed it out with my fingers.

As you can see in the bottom picture, it looks like a reddy pink in the tube and more of a bright pink in the swatch. When I apply a solid layer from the tube, it does look red on me but it really is just a very bright and intense pink. My camera isn't working at the moment, so I'll have to keep using my webcam until I can sort it out. The swatch at the end shows true to color, and the pictures of the lipstick on are slightly less bright than the color appears in person.






I haven't tried many other lipstick brands, but so far Rimmel, both the Moisture Renew and Lasting Finish, is a top contender for my favorite.

What lipsticks do you love? Do you enjoy a bright lip, or prefer more neutral colors?

To bright lips and balmy days!

xEsther

1 comment: