Sunday, January 22, 2012

Some Kind of Wonderful


Source
Yes, dear readers,

The product picture above is kind of a miracle worker for the lips. At least, I'd like to think so. In case you couldn't tell, this is Burt's Bees Super Glossy Natural Lip Shine in Sweet Pink. Whew! Another incredibly long name. [NOTE: I just discovered that this is discontinued! Oh, no! It is still available on sites like Amazon]

I received one of these from my aunt during the 2010 winter holidays, and I absolutely love it. However, I don't really use this as it's intended to be used. I'm a bit out of my lip gloss phase, so you won't see me wearing this out and about, but if you were to see me at night, chances are I'd be wearing this.

Instead of using this as your traditional gloss, I prefer to use it as a lip treatment before bed. The packaging says that it "moisturizes like a balm," but I'm going to disagree here. It moisturizes better than any balm I've used. 

That's not to say my lip balms are bad, because they aren't, but this just seems to leave the lips incredibly soft and smooth. It's non-sticky, and it glides on like no other gloss I've tried. There aren't any irritants, such as the requisite peppermint that you often find in plumping glosses.

The way I like to use this is to apply it maybe half an hour or so before bed. After that, I can feel that the moisture has absorbed into my lips. I promptly remove the gloss with a tissue, for it is, after all, a gloss, and marvel at the effects.

My lips somehow have hardly any visible lines and they look and feel incredibly hydrated. I then use a lip balm to seal in the moisture, hit the pillow, and drift off.

If you're looking for a really moisturizing gloss, or if you want to use it like I do, you may want to consider purchasing this. As noted above, it is discontinued, but it's still available to buy on the web, possibly just on Amazon. I'm not sure.

What are your favorite moisturizing lip products?

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment