Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bits and Bobs


Hello, dear readers,

This post is just a little bit of this and a tad bit of that. Creative, huh? I apologize for not covering Golden Globes fashion, and I promise I will do Oscars fashion once more. I'm so excited for the Oscar nominations that will come out on January 24th. In any case, I've been rather busy lately, hence the lack of Golden Globes fashion. I haven't even read about it yet in the newspapers.

What am I up to? I'm just starting two classes at community college, which doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm also applying for colleges. If you're in the U.S., you know that the Common Application requires a short statement and an essay. As a transfer student, however, there are separate supplements and different essays for each school. I have four schools to write for, and a completely separate application for another university.

I will be testing out some makeup products soon, so I'll have at least one post on those. I also recently rediscovered a product in my own collection, and I think I'll be talking about that in the coming week. Besides classes, college applications, and college visits, I was lucky enough to get a fashion features internship on CHAOS Magazine's blog. I'll be a beauty writer for the blog, and my posts will come out twice a week, on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interested in ever checking it out, the link is here, and the magazine's main page is here. My first post comes out tomorrow.

CHAOS is an indie magazine, predominantly focused on current news in fashion, music, and art, but I believe you have to register [it's free] to actually read the editorials. The blog, however, is open to everyone, and there is quite a lot of fashion coverage. It seems to focus on higher-end fashion, with not as much coverage on the latest beauty news, so I'm excited to inject some more beauty articles into the blog!

Ramble, ramble, ramble...I know I've gone on for quite awhile here, but I'm pretty excited to be in such a good place at the moment. I just had to share it with all of you.

I hope your week is going well. Let me know if you have any exciting things going on in your life right now.

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment