Monday, January 9, 2012

Mini Review: Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara

Source
Hello, dear readers,

Today I bring you another product with an extremely long name, also sent to me by Physicians Formula courtesy of the "Buzz Makers" program. This product is relatively new, so it should be hitting shelves around this time. If you're curious to know how to become a "buzz maker", the official page is here. In any case, let's begin the review and hope it doesn't last as it takes to read the name of the product.

I have to confess that I'm no expert at all on mascaras. I've probably worn maybe four others ever, and three of the four were strictly worn for a few jazz performances. Before I get into my own opinions, here is the description from the website:


100% of the Total Ingredients are from Natural Origin.
44% of the Total Ingredients are from Organic Farming.
100% saw enhanced lashes INSTANLY!
1st Ever 100% Natural Lash Boosting formula enhances the appearance of lash length, thickness and volume for dramatic lashes instantly and long-term.
Delivers ingredients to the base of lashes for best results!
93% saw thicker & longer looking lashes instantly! 92% saw extended & fuller looking lashes after 4 weeks! *Based on individual perception of results of a panel of women wearing Organic Wear Lash Boosting Mascara.


I can't tell you anything about the statistics of the ingredients mentioned in the description, so I have to skip that part. This mascara has a pretty wet formula, which I don't actually mind. I find that immediately after I apply it, it transfers onto my bottom lashes as soon as I blink. It doesn't smudge under my eyes, just coats the lashes. Maybe I'm just lucky because I have fairly long lashes. I'm not sure if this will happen to anyone else. However, it does not transfer to at all once it's dry, so no raccoon eyes. It's also important to note that this is not a waterproof mascara.

I find that two or three coats makes my lashes look a bit darker, more defined, and longer. I never curl my lashes, because I don't need to, but this mascara seems to hold them up in a curl on its own. The tell-tale sign that this mascara actually does something for me is that my mom notices I'm wearing it [sometimes right away, sometimes eventually]. I have naturally dark and long lashes anyway, so if my mom notices it, it must be doing something right. After I remove it, my lashes seem more curled, at least temporarily. As for the "enhanced lashes instantly" claim, unless the mascara is clear or doesn't have any product in it, you're obviously going to notice enhanced lashes right after applying.

The problem I find with this mascara is that it can get clumpy with more than three coats. Sometimes it clumps into spider lashes by the third coat. This may be my application technique and lack of practice, but it's a trial and error process. When I get it right, it looks great, but with too many coats it merely clumps up my lashes. I have an average amount of lashes, so I imagine if yours are more sparse you may have a problem with clumping.

I didn't see a volume boost with this mascara, to be honest, despite the brush that looks like it's meant to do just that. I think it's great for lengthening and defining lashes, and makes them look better immediately after mascara removal, but, again, it doesn't seem to give very much volume.

That is my humble opinion on the product. Do let me know if you've tried it yourself. Do you think it boosts volume?

I hope you had a fabulous start to the week.

xEsther

2 comments:

  1. The first thing I noticed was how stunning the packaging is! I love how beauty products on their own are becoming little pieces of art :)
    SunshineCitizen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging, too! You're right; they do look really artful! x

      Delete