Monday, May 30, 2011

"A Little Clinique"

Hello, dear readers,

If you've watched "The Devil Wears Prada" as many times as I have [I've lost count], you may recognize that the title of this post is actually a line from the movie during the scene where Andy meets her friends in a restaurant and shares the freebies she picked up from work.

Really, though, this post does have to do with Clinique. If you read my last post, you will know that my mother and I recently purchased "a little Clinique" in order to secure the latest freebie called Milly.

Image fromhttp://gwpaddict.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/clinique-bonus-time-at-bloomingdales-5/
I can't really say exactly how long this promotion runs, but it seems to be exclusively at Bloomingdale's. It says on the website that it ended February 27, 2011, and it also says it's not available in stores in Illinois, but that must have changed. I don't know if you can get it anywhere else, but we got it yesterday.

This isn't a review, but I thought I'd remind you what we purchased in order to get this promotion, and let you know what comes in the free gift.


Initially, my mom decided to buy me the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in shade 01, the lightest shade. We were still about a dollar short of the promotion, so my mom got herself the City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25, which she had gotten before as either a free gift or just a regular old purchase.

Image from http://www.reallyrich.com/ Incidentally, the color of the package is NOT the color of the product.


Image from http://us.strawberrynet.com/skincare/clinique/city-block-sheer-oil-free-daily/66853/
In the Milly freebie, you get Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss. I really love the Clinique lipgloss formula because it's sticky in a long lasting way not an "ew get that hair unstuck from my lips" kind of way.

Next is a Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo. Now none of the females in my immediate family wear eyeshadow, but I'm always willing to have a play-around for fun.

Then comes High Impact Mascara in Black. If you've seen my last post, you'll have seen pictures of me in a pajama shirt with makeup still on. I happen to have the mascara on, and all it does for me is make my lashes slightly darker. I've been blessed with long, dark, relatively curly lashes so I'm not one to do a mascara review.

Then you get High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 in Extreme Pink, which my mom took, because she literally only wears lipstick and no other makeup. It's only fair to let her have that! After all, she's been kind enough to fund my makeup purchases when I was jobless, which was the majority of my life. Now I can relieve her of that duty. UPDATE: My mom found this to be too pale of a pink on her because she has very pigmented reddish pink lips naturally. Mine are much lighter reddish pink with almost a bit of brown in them naturally, so she gave this to me. It looked much darker and almost a vampy pink, but I love it!

The next product is Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, which my mom took after I thrust the free gift in front of her and tried to get her to take more of it for herself. It's supposed to be a great moisturizer and can be used as a moisture mask. Again, not reviewing, just describing.

Then there's the All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage. My mom thinks it's a hoax, so I, with puffy dark circles that to me are just black holes, decided to give it a go. It's got caffeine in it, which is supposed to help do something miraculous and at least temporarily reduce puffiness, so I've used it a couple times. I can't tell if it's done anything yet. 

Then you get the lovely Milly for Clinique Cosmetics Bag Set, with its lovely pink, summery floral.

Along with this, the lovely saleslady, dutifully pitching her products, noticed my skin was rather dry and threw in a sample of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. 
Image from http://www.prontostyle.com/shop/clinique-dramatically-different-moisturizing-lotion
We'll see how that goes. I'll test it at night.

So that's my little bit of Clinique. Well, rather a lot actually for a girl who normally purchases drug store brands only and hates spending money. Of course this time I wasn't the one doing the spending. Thanks, Mom, if you're reading!

If you'd like a review of any of these products, do let me know.

To "a little Clinique" and a whole lot of beauty for everyone!

xEsther



No comments:

Post a Comment