Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm a Survivor!

Hello, dear readers,

I just wanted to come on here to tell you all, because I'm sure you care deeply, as well you should, that I survived my first day of office work.



Image from http://www.dreamstime.com/

And, no, it does not look as glamorous as the above photo. My job is basically to take payments for parking tickets, sell vehicle stickers, take water bill payments, and sell pet licenses. It's so not want I want to do for the rest of my life, as paperwork scares me and that is mainly what this job entails besides handling money, which is also one of the things I'd least like to do in my life.

The other intern in the finance department turns out to be a girl I went to elementary, middle, and high school with. We weren't actually friends, but that was just because we were in different circles, had different interests, etc. She's very nice, and I'm glad that she's someone I know and not someone I know and hate or a complete stranger.

The women in the department are all very nice, but my stress level is constantly high, making it very hard for me to just relax. I have a huge problem with relaxing because I'm very self-conscious and self-critical and am dealing with a lot of self-esteem issues at the moment. I'm hoping I'll become efficient at this job. I'm giving myself a bit of a break for today, as far as my personal performance review by yours truly, because the woman who was supposed to train us was sick and all the information was given sort of in bunches.

Wish me luck as I embark on my very first full day office job, indeed my very first office job.

To less stress and a happy work week.

xEsther

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog (:!
    http://shesaidwhatgirl.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check yours out! :)

    ReplyDelete