Monday, April 4, 2011

Mini Review: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

Hello dear readers,


In my last post, I mentioned that I bought the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer, previously mentioned here. I got it in the lightest shade, aptly named Light. 

Here's what the Hard Candy website has to say about their product:







Glamoflauge - Heavy Duty Concealer
A heavy duty, highly pigmented, multi-use concealer that delivers ultimate coverage. The formula blends seamlessly into skin with plenty of play time creating a flawless and natural look perfect for any occasion. You can hide everything from dark circles and blemishes to tattoos!


As far as the claims go, I can't speak to how well this covers tattoos simply because I don't have any. However, I have to say I've been very pleased with this so far. Compared to the other concealers I've used, discussed here and here, this one is by far the best I've tried.

It works wonders on my under eye circles, and is the first concealer not to come off as orange or peach on my skin. It creases a tiny bit, but once blended it stays that way for hours. The creasing that I did notice was much, much, less noticeable than the little pools of concealer I used to get under my eyes from other products I've tried.

This product also does a great job concealing redness, especially in discolorations. It works well for covering blemishes, too, but doesn't completely conceal the fact that there is, indeed, a bump there if it's a very raised blemish.

Overall, I think this is a wonderful concealer, and the greatest part is you hardly need any to cover all the discolorations you need covered. I probably use about an eighth of a pea-sized amount, and even that is too much because it's pigmented enough that a very tiny amount goes a very long way. It's more opaque than any other under eye concealer I've used, and it's the most natural looking concealer I've ever tried.

Bonus: Hard Candy does not test on animals.

This brand is only available at Wal-Mart and through the Wal-Mart website for about $6, or on eBay where prices will vary. As someone who doesn't support Wal-Mart, I wasn't extremely pleased to have to buy it there, but knowing the amount I have to use means this product will last me ages before I have to repurchase.

I suppose I should stop calling these Mini Reviews, and start calling them Mega Reviews, but I just like the name so much, I think I'll stick with it.

The only downside to this product besides where it is available, which is a personal preference, is that only three colors are available: Light, Medium, and Tan. I can't say there's a color for everyone, but I think it's worth a try if you're looking for an opaque concealer that doesn't really crease and lasts a long time. I certainly enjoy this product.

Happy concealer hunting!

xEsther





No comments:

Post a Comment