Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Class...

Incidentally, this is the exact hair dryer and kit that it came with when I bought it. The straightener has since been replaced. Source
    


Hello, dear readers,

I seem to be at a loss for what to write about whilst delaying the charging of my camera and taking pictures. I also know I owe you some posts that I promised to write towards the middle of the summer. You will see them! I just can't promise when.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you a very strange observation I made this afternoon, and it is this:

I loathe the way my hair looks blow-dried. 

Yes, you heard that right. Now, I'm not sure if it's because I have a rather elderly blow-dryer [it's from the days when the word "ionic" was revolutionary- about six years ago!] or what, but I just hated the results. If you've read my hair care routine post, you will know that my hair is super low maintenance. You may also know that I try to use heat as sparingly as possible. Today is the second time all year that I've used heat at all.

Today I also had to get to class in the cold and the rain, and the last thing I wanted to do was go out with wet hair. After I took my hair out of the T-shirt, I put on some more shine serum and leave-in conditioner, and started drying it. The dryer sounded a little suspect, but worked just the same as alway. I used the diffuser like a good curly-haired girl, and I hated the results!

The blow-dryer took out most of the natural curl and wave, leaving my hair rather shapeless. I decided to act fast before my hair was dry [funny, really, as my hair takes ages to dry]: I pulled my hair over to one side and managed to get most of it in a fish-tail braid. After I did my makeup, about ten minutes later, I took it down. Alas! The wave was back in my hair and it looked much prettier and livelier.

I honestly don't know if I should be using some sort of scrunching product, which I own, if I blow-dry, because I don't seem to need one if I let my hair air dry. In any case, I was highly disappointed. I don't see myself getting a new dryer anytime soon, so I'll have to figure something out.

If any of you have wavy or curly hair and have any tips on making your hair look nice with a dryer, do let me know!

Until then, I hope you're having a good hair day.

xEsther






No comments:

Post a Comment