- Pilates. I just started getting into Pilates this summer, solely through DVD workouts. The first few times I tried it, I felt that it wasn't working and was incredibly bored. However, I persevered, and I think the important thing to remember with Pilates is that a lot of concentration is required. When I was just doing the moves without really thinking, I wasn't getting much of a workout. Pilates is extremely relaxing for me, while at the same time kicking my butt. I feel so much stronger after I do a Pilates workout.
- My NYC nail polish in "Times Square." It's the perfect loud, bright pinkish red color, and it definitely reminds me of the real Times Square. I'm wearing it now and thoroughly enjoying the entertainment it provides during particularly boring classes. A great representation of this color is in this photo here. It actually looks brighter on me, though.
- My watch! I finally got a "grown-up" watch, replacing my beloved but extremely worn "Eeyore" watch. Much as I love that loveable donkey, I really wanted a watch that was a little less middle-school-chic and a bit more timeless. This is what I ended up with after much tireless searching. I wanted something classic that I would continue to like for years to come; something that was feminine but not too trendy; something that didn't overwhelm my wrist but wasn't too dainty. I'm not picky at all, right? The only problem is the watch seems to slow down after I fix it every few weeks, which means it already needs a new battery.
- My room. After some wacky episodes with my two previous roommates [one after the other, and chosen randomly, as is the freshmen way], I got a single room in my dormitory this year. I have a couple established friends living one and two doors down from me, and I've met a few of the other girls. My floor consists of mostly singles, and I think it's quite pleasant. I still have room to exercise, even hula hoop, and I don't have to worry about a roommate messing up my schedule.
- My cell phone. This has nothing to do with the type of phone it is, but simply the convenience it provides. Let me explain: Over the summer, I abhor picking up my phone. I love seeing and hearing from friends, don't get me wrong, but I just want to be somewhat free from at least the technology that is the cell phone. Once school starts and I'm out of state, I completely rely on my phone to make plans, but also, more importantly to me, to call family and friends from home. It's just so nice to know that even if I'm not always ecstatic here, I have a solid network of people that cares and that I can count on. Just tonight I spent an hour each on the phone with my brother and sister. It was lovely.
- Salsa lessons. I love Latin dance, and learned the rudimentary steps in high school for salsa, bachata, and merengue. Last year, one of my best friends and I wanted to take salsa lessons, but we had choir at the same time. This year, my friend no longer attends this school so I went by myself to the first lesson tonight. I absolutely loved it. Everyone is so friendly and all the follows get to dance with all the leads because it's in the style of rueda de casino, or casino wheel [circle dance].
- "Summer is Over," a song by Jon Mclaughlin. You can listen to it here. It's so pretty just to listen to without paying attention to the lyrics, but the lyrics are wonderful as well. My best friend from home introduced me to it, because we both love most of the same artists, and I really love it. I also just love having a song that we both love; it's a fun connection.
- Speaking of songs, I like "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae. I'm probably spelling the group's name wrong. I'm not going to link that one just because I assume everyone has heard this song. If you haven't, look it up! The lyrics are just really fun and silly. I tend to prefer singers with good lyrics, but oftentimes a ridiculously catchy song will become one of my favorites, and that's what happened here. Ok, I guess I'll link it since to assume is to make an ass out of "u" and me. Here it is!
I haven't done one of these posts in a long time, and I thought it would be fun because it really makes me appreciate the good things I have going for me, or the things that I'm enjoying.
What are you loving these days?
Image from http://www.beautystylewatch.com/2009/08/24/get-back-into-shape-at-abc-pilates/