Tuesday, September 13, 2011

40 Beauty Questions

Image Source
Hello, dear readers,


At a loss for creative ideas today, I decided to recycle this very old tag from YouTube. When I say "very old," I mean about a year and a half ago, give or take. I know that's ancient in internet terms.


On with the questions:



SKINCARE
 -
How many times do you wash your face daily?

Twice. The only time I'll wash my face more than that is if I shower in the afternoon, because I'll still wash my face morning and night as well.

What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo) 
Dry/combination and sensitive
 

What is your current facial wash?

Olay Foaming Face Wash Sensitive Skin

Do you exfoliate? 
Rarely. The reason for this is because I use baking soda with my cleanser to exfoliate once a week when I'm at home, but I don't bring it to school. It would look a little strange mixing that concoction in the dormitory communal bathroom, so I skip out on it until I get home.

What brand do you use?

The face wash I mentioned with whatever baking soda we've got at home!

What moisturizer do you use?

In the morning I use Olay Complete Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 Sensitive Skin; I use SPF 15 in the winter. At night, I use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture Sensitive Skin.

Do you have freckles?
 
I have very few on my face, and they're hardly visible, but I have several on my arms. My arm freckles aren't extremely visible either.


Do you use eye cream? 
No. My moisturizer is gentle enough to use in that area at night, and I don't own an eye cream.


Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I do, but I mainly break out on my chin due to hormones and who knows what else! I believe one of my makeup products may be breaking me out as well, and I'll update you on that when I know. I definitely break out if I touch my face too much, but for the most part my skin is clear.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? 
No.

MAKE-UP

What foundation do you use? 
I
don't. I use Covergirl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisture most of the time, but I'm currently using Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer.


How about concealer? 
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer. I will have to repurchase soon.


Do you know your undertone color?
I find it quite hard to tell because my face has a lot of pink to it, but that might just be from redness. Then again, I get freckles and I do tan slightly which is common for warm tones. I would say I'm somewhere close to neutral.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I really don't like them. Apologies to anyone who loves them. Personally I don't need them and I don't think they're necessary, but I do understand how they could be fun.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
 
Yes.

What brand of mascara do you use?

I don't actually wear mascara! I do own a Clinique one, though, but it gave me raccoon eyes when I wore it as it bled during the day.

Sephora or MAC?
 
I've never bought from either store, because I don't like to spend a lot on makeup. I'm more of an Ulta girl, but, if I had to, I would probably choose Sephora for the variety.


Do you have a MAC Pro-card? 
No.


What makeup tools do you use in make up application? 
A brush and my fingers.

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
 
No because I don't wear eye makeup. I tend to put concealer on my eyelids, though, to neutralize the darkness and brighten the eye area.


For the face? 
Nope.


What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?

Like I said, I don't wear eyeshadow, just concealer on the lids. That may seem weird, but it really helps to brighten the face. I always wear a brighter lip anyway, so it balances out.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? 
I don't wear eyeliner, but I own both pencil and felt tip.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
 
The few times I have used it, I think I poked my eyes maybe once.


What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? 
Again, not really relevant to me, but I'd imagine they're harder to work with if you're not so skilled in eye makeup application.

Do you use mineral makeup?
 
No, but that's just a coincidence. The products I've looked for and bought just haven't been mineral. Though I think I own maybe one mineral tinted lip conditioner, or something of the sort.


What is your favorite lipstick?

It is so hard to choose, but the one I've been reaching for all the time lately is Maybelline ColorSensational in Pink Peony.

How about lipgloss?
 
Avon Glazewear Shine in Tickled Pink, or any of the pink ELF Hypershine Lip Glosses [Thanks,
Lyuba!].


What is your favorite blush to use? 
I don't wear blush, mostly because I already have a bit of color in my cheeks, but I own a Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips blush.


Do you buy your makeup on ebay? 
No.


Do you like drugstore makeup? 
Yes indeed. The only higher end makeup I've ever owned was Clinique, which I do enjoy, and an Estee Lauder lipstick, which was the wrong color for my lips and skin tone! I can't really compare, therefore, my drugstore collection to anything else. I count Avon as drugstore as well, just because of the price. All makeup is hit or miss, honestly, no matter how much you pay for it. I just like to do my research before I buy anything.

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
 
No. I don't know if there are any near me at home.


Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? 
I'm not extremely artistic, so I've never considered it. Makeup is more of a personal hobby than anything else. And I'm mostly a face makeup and lipstick girl. 


Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?

No, thankfully. Besides my awful green powder concealer phase two years ago, I've been pretty good at working with whatever I've had available.

Name a makeup crime that you hate? 
Too-nude lips; too-orange tanners; and heavy eye makeup during daytime and morning classes. It just looks a little too "skanky sorority girl" when people have that much makeup on in class. Not to say all sorority girls are skanky, because they aren't, but you know the type. I hope.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
 
I like to keep a clean face and brighter lips, generally. I don't like to go too neutral on the lips, because I keep the rest of the face extremely neutral. I like a neutral lip as long as it has color, and a neutral [bare, really] eye.


Which celebrity always has great make up?
Anne Hathaway, Zooey Deschanel.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
Tinted moisturizer, just to add a slight bit of life to my face.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
I did several times in the summer, and I don't mind walking around the dorm without makeup, but at the moment I have to put makeup on to go out. That's probably because I'm on a college campus. If I was at home grocery shopping, I definitely could.

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? 
Yes, especially because I'm slowly gaining a higher opinion of myself. I prefer to go out with makeup, but I think I look just fine without it.


In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I can't really judge entire lines, because I've only gotten lipsticks or glosses from most brands, and perhaps a concealer, tinted moisturizer or powder from others. I have like everything I've gotten from Avon except a concealer, and I think I have the most products from there. Honestly, though, I just can't answer that. 

What do you think of makeup??
 
I'm constantly surprised by how I can completely wake up my face with the smallest amount of makeup. I think it's transformative, but not in such a way that it actually changes your appearance. It's just a nice pick-me-up.



That's all, folks!


I hope you enjoyed this tag. I'm sure you've already had the opportunity to do this one in the past, but if not, feel free to do this yourself. I'd love to read it. Or, if you've already answered them, why not leave me a link?




Thanks so much, dear readers. Hope your week is off to a good start.




xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment