Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Seeing Double? It's a Dupe!


The face-off of two serums begins!


Hi there, dear readers,

Long time, no beauty posts! I recently went to Sally's in search of another China Glaze For Audrey nail polish, this time to give to my co-worker as a gift for driving me to and from work all of last week. We're both obsessed with nail polish, and she mentioned multiple times that she liked that one when I wore it.

In any case, I got around to looking for a less expensive version of my beloved Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Smoothing Serum, mentioned in my hair routine post, and reviewed more in depth here.

As it happens, Sally Beauty Supply carries the generic line of Paul Mitchell products, called Generic Value Products. The best part is that it's around $8 for a 6 oz. bottle, whereas the name brand is 8.5 oz but ranges between $20 and $25 a bottle. If you're a Sally's member, the bottle costs around $7. So the price per ounce is a little over $1 for the GVP brand, and it can be anywhere from $2.50 to over $3 an ounce for Paul Mitchell.

Is it a huge price difference? To me, it is. It may seem like a really small difference as far as price per ounce, but, the ingredients are the exact same and you're saving a few dollars each time you purchase, which, to me, is worth it.

The only difference is the scent. I'm rubbish at describing scents, but this one smells stronger and more like a fruity fresh bath product than the well known Paul Mitchell pear scent.

Honestly, there's no way these two couldn't work the same as they have the exact same ingredient listing, as I've already mentioned.


Do you know any dupes for higher end hair or beauty products?

Hope your week is off to a great start!

xEsther




Images from http://thehairstylingserumssellers.blogspot.com/2011_05_01_archive.html and
http://finallyindigo.wordpress.com/category/hair/

No comments:

Post a Comment