Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's in a Word? Tag

Hello, dear readers,


This is going to be a super speedy post. I saw the "Accent Tag" on YouTube, in which a list of words is given and the person has to pronounce them to show different accents. Obviously, I can't do that as I don't make videos, but the second part of one version of this tag is several questions asking for the word you use to describe the object.


It's easier if I just put the questions in, but the video from which I got the idea is here.


Here we are:


1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
Toilet papering. [Exciting phrase, I know]

2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?

Roly poly bug!

3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?

I use soda and pop interchangeably, soda slightly more often perhaps.


4. What do you call gym shoes?
Gym shoes or running shoes.

5. What do you say to address a group of people?

You guys! Or just, Guys! Even if they're not guys.

6. What do you call the kind of spider (or spider-like creature) that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?

Daddy long-legs.

7. What do you call your grandparents?

I used to call my grandpas on both sides either Grandpa or Papa, but I always called my grandmas, simply, Grandma.

8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?

Shopping cart.

9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?

A sun shower. I was fascinated the first time I saw that happen. I was waiting to be picked up from day camp and the sun was beaming down. I just didn't understand why the raindrops "[kept] falling on my head"!

10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

A remote.




So I realize this has nothing at all to do with beauty, but my posts have been lacking so horrendously that I thought I might as well put up another fun tag, if nothing else yet. I promised you posts, and I'm not backing out on that; I'm just getting ready to go back to school next week and cramming the rest of my summer in.


Please feel free to do this tag. I think it's interesting to hear what people call different things in different places.


I hope you're enjoying the last few official weeks of summer, and good luck to you if you're going back to school soon!


I'll be speaking with you.


xEsther

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha funny tag!I am need the good luck once I am going to school which I really don't want too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! I'm not really ready to go back to school yet, either. What year are you going into in school?

    ReplyDelete