Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where, Oh Where, Has This Blogger Been?

Hello my dear readers,

I do indeed realize that I have been disappearing quite frequently for over a week at a time, lately. I'll give you a little rundown of what's happening in my life at the moment and why I might not be posting very frequently. Don't get me wrong; I love blogging. The fact of the matter is that blogging is more of a hobby than anything else. I'll still be reading blogs in my not-so-copious free time, but posting takes a lot of time for me to do when it's not just a tag post or a blog hop.

I finished working at my summer job on August 12, much to the chagrin of the office regulars. The season for licensing gets quite busy at the end of August, and that's when the interns tend to leave for college. I had one week free before packing my suitcase and other boxes and bags with my paraphernalia and heading down to my university. It's about a five hour drive on average, so I arrived Wednesday afternoon.

Unpacking and setting up my room was a two-day affair, what with buying a few last minute supplies and a couple of posters. I got my room set up and went to some Welcome Week activities with friends. School started on Monday, the 29th. I ended up dropping one class and adding another, so it works out that I have four classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, each an hour and fifteen minutes long, and one class Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. That class is only 50 minutes, but there's an additional film screening every Monday night that goes approximately from 7:15 to 10:15.

Now that you've read my enthralling class schedule, I can tell you that my agenda will be packed with a plethora of reading and writing assignments. Hence the lack of blog posts.

It would be much easier if my assignments included showing you my lipstick collection and debating between tinted moisturizers, than answering questions on medieval Spanish literature, analyzing Spanish historical writings, reading Rousseau, and studying the chemistry of warfare. That's the bulk of what I'm studying at the moment, besides my film and media class, which I'm actually excited about.

By the way, I am by no means trying to sound like a smarty-pants. I just wanted to justify, partially to myself, why I won't be posting quite so often, and to share a little bit more of my interests with you.

This concludes my rant on how busy I am, because I know plenty of busy bees still blog in the meantime. I just don't quite have the energy that those lovely ladies somehow maintain.

If any of you actually read this far, congratulations. I can't blame you if you didn't read ANY of this post. This is probably the most "personal" post I've written, or at least one of the least beauty related posts.

I'm off to bed but I do promise more posts will be coming, so thank you to my followers, old and new, for being patient. The list of posts I promised you will get done. It's just going to be a slow process.


Happy last days of summer. [Hey, if it still looks like summer, it still is] I hope you're relaxed, wherever you are.

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment