Monday, March 18, 2013

An Afterthought: 2013 Oscars Fashion Best

Hello, dear readers,

A few weeks have passed since the Oscars, sufficient time for everyone to have finished reading the Oscars issues of People and Us Weekly. In other words, no one is all that interested in talking about the Oscars anymore. Except I am. I saw the Oscars the day after they aired on an ABC-approved website, but I was able to watch Red Carpet Live because it aired on live stream.

As I watched the stars arrive, I took down the names of the best dressed ladies at the awards ceremony. Because this post is so late, I'm not going to have my usual detailed explanations. Instead, I'll have the pictures below with captions saying who they're wearing. You could call it The Lazy Girls' Guide to Oscars fashion.

Here are my favorites:

Source
Jennifer Lawrence looked elegant in Dior Haute Couture [the only dress she tried on prior to the show], Roger Vivier Bag, Brian Atwood Shoes, and Chopard jewels.

Source
Queen Latifah wowed in Badgley Mischka

Source
Octavia Spencer looked like Cinderella in a gown by her trusty designer, Tadashi Shoji.

Source
Naomi Watts shimmered in a silver, science fiction-like, Armani Prive dress, Neil Lane Jewels, and Jimmy Choo shoes. [Not a fan of the messy hair. What's going on there? Nevertheless, she looked radiant]

Those were the gowns that stood out to me at the Academy Awards this year. All of them are simple and flattering with an added element of interest, like Watts's cutouts and the infamous train on Jennifer Lawrence's dress.

I hope you don't mind that this is posted so late. Life happens, and I didn't make time for blogging among the other things I had to do.

Let me know which dresses you liked the most, and have a wonderful week!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment