Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Clothes for Curves? Marilyn Monroe at Macy's

Hello, dear readers,

Aside from awards shows, as in yesterday's Oscars post, I generally don't write posts solely about fashion. Today I'm stepping out of my box of beauty products, tags, and life updates, to tell you about a limited edition clothing collection that has attracted my attention.

As you can probably tell from the title, Macy's has released a Marilyn Monroe inspired clothing collection for Juniors and Women. I haven't seen what they have in stores, but there are a decent amount of items on the website, with new clothing popping up every so often.

The reason I'm excited, and what prompted me to look for the line in the first place, is that Marilyn Monroe was famous for having curves. I'm throwing out a wild guess here when I say that these dresses, tops, pants, and skirts are probably meant to flatter girls with a similar body type. That's not to say that this collection won't work for anyone else, especially since the main model isn't exactly a Marilyn doppelgรคnger, but I have hope that it will work for girls like me who feel like they're a different size for each different area of the body.

The line is a bit pricier than I expected it to be, but not unbelievably expensive.

Here are some of my favorites from the current stock along with direct links to the products from the Macy's website:

Marilyn Monroe Juniors Dress, Sleeveless Polkadot-Print A-Line
Marilyn Monroe Juniors Dress, Sleeveless Gingham-Print A-Line
Marilyn Monroe Juniors Sweater, Long Sleeve Cropped Cardigan

There are around 64 pieces in the online collection, excluding the fact that many items come in multiple colors. It's not quite as exciting a collection as I imagined, but I do think the color combinations in these outfits are dynamic and the clothes are flirty and feminine with a side of fun.

Have you seen the Marilyn collection in stores?

We're one day closer to the weekend, and I personally can't wait! Enjoy the rest of your day!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment