Sunday, May 20, 2012

Top Five Faves: Spring/Summer Trends 2012

Hello, dear readers,

Since beginning my internship with CHAOS Magazine, I've been getting more into keeping up with seasonal trends. [Note: I no longer write beauty posts for CHAOS, since they got rid of that section. I write about female models and nightlife in big cities] I've never been one to intentionally follow trends, and that hasn't changed. I just don't have the energy for it, nor do I enjoy clothes shopping.

I love to know what's going on in the beauty and fashion world, so this year I'm much more likely to come up with an adequate answer if someone asks, "What's trendy this year?" In the past, despite being an avid magazine reader, I would have answered with a blank stare.

In honor of this new knowledge, I'm sharing with you my five favorite spring/summer trends, whether I'll be rocking them or not.
  1. Bright lipstick. 

         This one's a given. A clean face with brighter lips is one of my most flattering looks, in my opinion. I don't feel the need to bother with eye makeup, blush or bronzer, especially because I'm so fair and already have redness in my cheeks, so bright lipstick gives just the right dose of color to my face. 

     2.  Bright nails
Source 
        These are just so fun, and they always look great this time of year.
     3.  Pastel nails


        I never used to like pastel nails on me, because the very light ones tend to wash me out. However, pastels with more color to them suit my skin tone better. Besides, there's no denying that they are very pretty and feminine. They're so perfect for spring.
    4.  Mint Green
Source
       I'm having a bit of a mint green moment. I'm getting my room painted a truly pale mint green this week, actually. To be honest, my mint green moment started last summer, so I guess I'm a bit ahead of the trend for once! Ever since I bought China Glaze "For Audrey," I have been craving light blue-greens and minty colors. I have three or four nail polishes in that shade range, and I keep wanting more! It's gorgeous, and there's a shade of mint to flatter everyone. It's so summery,  fresh, and breezy. I would love to get a mint top or dress.

    5.  Lace
      
Source
Source

        What could possibly be more delicate and sweet than lace? It can make an outfit look totally innocent or a bit more demure and mysterious. I absolutely adore lace dresses and tops with lace overlay, and I hope to incorporate some lace into my wardrobe this season. 

Those are my top picks. Tell me: What spring/summer trends are your favorites? What about your least favorites?

I hope you're weekend is going well.

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment