Sunday, May 6, 2012

This was Made for Me: Harry Potter Tag


Source
Hello, dear readers,

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you'll know I love a good tag. This one seems to be made for me, so I just can't resist. Without further ado, here is the "Harry Potter Tag":

Favorite book: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows is probably my absolute favorite, with the Half-Blood Prince coming in a close second.

  • Favorite movie: I want to say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, simply because I loved it the instant it started playing. The scenery was so close to what I had imagined while reading the book, and the story was kept nearly identical to the novel's plot. There were a couple of movies that I had to warm up to after my first viewing. This was not because they were bad movies, but because of the material that was cut and/or added to the films. I also immediately fell in love with The Prisoner of Azkaban upon seeing it for the first time. I don't know why so many people disliked it. 


  • Least favorite book: This is the worst question ever. I can't say the first book, because it established the whole magical world, though it was the least complex storyline. I would probably have to say The Chamber of Secrets, because its plot was pretty much directly parallel to the first novel, and the other books just added so much more to the story. I'm using the term "least favorite" loosely, you understand. I genuinely loved them all. The Order of the Phoenix was, and still is, the hardest to get through, simply because Harry is angry the entire time.


  • Parts of the books/movies that made you cry: The resurrection stone scene in the final film. Need I say more? Also, the scene with Fred and George, in which they ask each other if they're ok. Let's just say that's the last time the twins ever spoke. I don't remember ever actually crying whilst reading the books. I think I was just hyperventilating the entire time I read the last book, as I literally didn't move for a day and a half out of excitement. I just couldn't stop reading.


  • If you could hook up with any HP character who would it be? Really? I suppose this question is inevitable. Based on character alone, not actors...I'm sorry I can't come up with an answer. Hooking up with a fictional character? I really can't think of anyone.


  • Favorite character: SO MANY! Of the professors, favorites include Lupin, McGonagall, and Snape. Snape is included because he's one of the most complicated characters in the series. Mrs. Weasley and Sirius Black are my favorites of the adults who aren't professors. Fred, George, Neville, and Luna are my favorites of the students outside the main trio. This is me restricting my answer.


  • What would your Patronus be? Maybe a dolphin or an owl.

  • If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak or the Elder Wand which one would you choose? Invisibility Cloak

  • What House would you be in? Pottermore put me in Ravenclaw, and I have to agree.

  • IF you could meet any member of the cast who would it be? That's hard. Maybe Matthew Lewis.

  • Have you played any of the video games? Yes. 

  • IF you were on the Quiddich team which position would you play? I would play spectator. I don't do sports. If I had to, I'd be a Seeker. I'd just have to fly around looking for something and not worry about anything else.

  • Were you happy with the ending? Despite the fact that half of the characters were killed off, yes. I was very happy.

  • How much does Harry Potter mean to you? It kind of consumed half my life, not in a "Harry Potter made me who I am today" sort of way. I just happened to start reading the series and watching the movies at age 9, and it all came to a close when I was 19. Now I'm 20, so I consider that a significant portion of my life. I don't think I'll ever be this excited about any other series again, hyped up or not.
That's the tag! I managed to keep a few answers short. You should do this tag, or at least think about the answers, if you're a huge Harry Potter fan.

I hope your weekend went well!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment