Friday, January 16, 2015

Going for Gold: The Best in 2015 Golden Globes Fashion

Hello, dear readers,

I have a confession to make: This year was the first time I had ever watched the Golden Globes, and I didn't watch the entire show. I prefer the extreme glamor of the Academy Awards to the more laid-back atmosphere of the Globes. That's just the way it is.

Though I did enjoy George Clooney's acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille award for lifetime achievement.

Regardless of my taste in celebrity awards extravaganzas, missing out on a show has never stopped me from eagerly evaluating the fashion choices of the stars. This year, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself stumped when trying to pick a favorite look.

Below, behold the standouts in my book:
Amy Adams: 2015 Golden Globes
Source (Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Amy Adams might have been my favorite dress of the night. The Versace gown perfectly draped around her figure, and her eyes sparkled against the periwinkle hue. Very natural makeup and old Hollywood waves complemented the Best Actress winner's ensemble.

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/red_carpet_galleries/5091-salma-hayek-2015-golden-globes/1421025652_salma-hayek-zoom.jpg
Source (Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
 Okay, I have to admit Salma Hayek Pinault tied for best-dressed celeb of the evening. Hayek Pinault was resplendent in white Alexander McQueen. She effortlessly pulled off a hair accessory, sparkling jewelry, and a metallic silver belt without looking overdone, a feat that must be commended.

Source (Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
This simple one-shouldered Narciso Rodriguez paired with dangly earrings and sleek hair had a classy yet glamorous effect on nominee Julia Lous-Dreyfus.

http://www.gofugyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/viola-davis-golden-globes-2015-461359592.jpg
Source
Viola Davis dazzled in Donna Karan, and her classic red lipstick was the perfect companion to her scarlet dress.

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/81704-reese-witherspoon-looks-expensive-in-15-million-jewelry-at-globes/1421031986_461360704_reese-witherspoon-zoom.jpg
Source (credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
Best Actress nominee Reese Witherspoon shone in this sleek, beaded Calvin Klein number.

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/red_carpet_galleries/5099-natasha-lyonne-2015-golden-globes/1421028849_natasha-lyonne-zoom.jpg
Source (Credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com)
Natasha Lyonne was a standout in electric blue. While I think she could have used a necklace, the color was undoubtedly stunning.

I'm beginning to notice a trend here: Five of these six fashion winners had their hair styled in side-swept waves or curls. I think it worked.

What did you think of this year's Golden Globes Fashion?

I'm already looking forward to assessing the red carpet arrivals at the Academy Awards this February!

xEsther

1 comment:

  1. Those are so pretty! I love pretty dresses <3
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me please?? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete