Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The One Hair Product to Rule Them All

Hello, dear readers,

Remember the last time you heard from me? I didn't think so. I am one of [what seems like] only a few people who like to read about why bloggers have taken such a long leave of absence whenever one happens to occur. However, despite having written several updates in the past, I realize many people read that as a long-winded essay of excuses. I shall spare you the boredom before I move on to the actual post; instead, I will give you this abbreviated list: School, blah blah blah, job searching, blah blah blah, personal reasons, etc. Essentially a compilation of acts and events that many people perform and go through, respectively, while they are still breathing and moving. I believe it's called life. I did not prioritize this blog. There you have it.

And now on to what we do, in fact, care about: The one ring hair product that beats them all, in all its shining glory:
See? Even the bottle is shining!
We have here the Aquage® SeaExtend® Ultimate ColorCare® Silkening Oil Treatment. No, there are no typos there. Yes, there are that many registered trademark symbols.

As you can most likely see in the photo, the product claims it "creates silky, smooth, frizz-free hair," and I have to say I agree with that assessment. I don't make those kinds of statements lightly, because my wavyish, curlyish hair is a fan of frizz and flyaways. The picture above shows the 1.7 oz bottle, which is convenient for travel, and I also have the 4.5 oz full size.

The full size bottle reads: "Ultra-light formula delivers silky, smooth, frizz-free hair. Restores moisture and shine. Seals in haircolor for longer lasting results. Speeds drying time up to 40%. Crystal-clear; won't alter color tone. Exclusive Thermal-V® [Yup, another registered trademark. These people are dedicated] heat protection."

It is important to note that I have never colored my hair in my life. To that end, I cannot speak to those particular claims that pertain to preserving color. I pretty much never use heat to style my hair, so I'm not a reliable source for confirming the 40% faster drying time. So what can I address? The fact that it makes hair silky, smooth, and frizz-free.

My hairstylist introduced me to this product, and my mom sneakily bought it when I wasn't there [thanks, Mom!]. My hair looked fantastically smooth and shiny when the stylist used it after my hair cut and before blow drying my hair, and I suppose my mom was sold. Granted, I can never get my hair to behave quite like the hairstylist can, but it works for me nonetheless. This product contains argan oil as the fourth ingredient, along with sweet almond oil, blue sea beet, seaweed, blue sea kale and sea fennel, not in that order. Can you see where the "SeaExtend®" name came from? No? Okay.

Argan oil helps fight frizz, moisturize, and smooth hair, and all the fancy sea botanical ingredients help to do the same. I mostly use this product after a shower, so I detangle my hair with a wide tooth comb before taking a big T-shirt and squeezing out excess moisture. I then put a couple of pumps of Silkening Oil Treatment in my hands and apply from about ear level down to the ends, concentrating on those ends. I run another comb through my hair to evenly distribute the treatment. When my hair dries, it is smoother and shinier. With the exception of a few flyaways, there is no frizz to speak of. It doesn't weigh down my hair either.

This being a salon-only professional product, it is not cheap. My full size bottle says it is $36, and I'm not sure about the smaller size. To read more about the product and see a video demonstration of its suggested use, visit the Aquage® web page here for Silkening Oil Treatment. 

Easy to use and effective, I say this product is a champ.

I hope you enjoyed this long-winded review; I'm sure you desperately missed those.

Happy June!

x Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment