Monday, April 23, 2012

A Wedding, Four Colleges, and a Concert

Hello, dear readers,

I know I said I wouldn't justify why I was gone for so long, but I thought I'd share some of the nicer happenings that have occurred in my life while I was away. Last fall, I left Indiana University for very personal issues and threw myself into the college search for fall 2012. I believe I got my first two acceptance letters in March, and the third came just last week. I'm still waiting on the fourth [apparently they want to see my midterm grades], but I've already made my decision. It's beyond exciting for me.

Source
This is a view of Indiana University, my previous institution.
This college is much closer to home and happens to be the only school of the four that offers  Communications, the major I had originally chosen at IU [it was called Communication and Culture there]. It allows me to study film, rhetoric, journalism, and all other types of current media. It's great because I can study several areas, which opens up career options in industries such as publications/publishing, advertisement, and, of course, journalism and film. It's also ideal because I don't know exactly what I want to do. I'm interested in publishing and publications, but that's as far as I've gotten.
Source
Not the actual cake! Their topper was a bird and a wolf.

I got to attend my cousin's wedding while this blog took a long nap. It was very unconventional but perfect for that particular couple. The waiter handing out champagne for the toast seemed to think I was 12, but one of the wedding attendees got the idea that I worked for the restaurant. Weird. Needless to say, he was embarrassed when he found out I was a wedding guest. Do waiters generally wear fancy dresses and red lipstick? Perhaps.

Source
I apologize  for this extremely text heavy post. I inserted pictures at random intervals for the fun of it. It's slightly more visually interesting than just blocks of text, I suppose. I'll leave you with one last bit of news: My best friend and I get to meet Eric Hutchinson, one of our very favorite singers, tomorrow night! We've been fans since his single, "Rock and Roll," was on the soundtrack to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. We had entered a contest for a chance to meet him, but we had no idea we'd actually win!

I realize that this has nothing to do with beauty, but I need to get back into the blogging spirit. I promise beauty posts will be coming soon!

I hope your week gets off to a great start.

xEsther

2 comments:

  1. No! I love reading posts like these :) I always love to hear what's going on in the life of other bloggers :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! I do, too; I just never know who else does. Thanks for reading! x

    ReplyDelete