Tuesday, March 13, 2012

7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag

Source
Hello, dear readers,

Remember when I constantly posted tags? Well, I can't remember the last time I did one, so I thought it was about time I filled another one out! The name of this tag, if you perhaps missed the title of this post, is the "7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag."

Here we are:


1. Greed: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My least expensive beauty item, aside from free gifts with purchases, would probably be my Avon Flavor Savers Lip Gloss, which I believe was about $0.69 on sale. I believe the most expensive item I own is the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15. I pretty much go for drugstore makeup all the time, with the exception of the odd Clinique item.

2. Wrath: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?
Both of these answers involve nail polish. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with China Glaze nail polishes, and Revlon nail polish in Minted. I love the colors, but the polish goes on unevenly and streaky in both cases, and it often takes 3-4 coats for me to get them looking even and pretty. I don't know if it's just me, but I have a hard time with those specific polishes. As for the product that has been the hardest to get, I would say Sally Hansen Insta Dri nail polish in Blue Away. The funny thing is that my mom was actually the one looking to buy it for me, ever since we saw it at the beginning of last summer. She and my dad looked for it at every drugstore they went to, even on their vacation. We finally found it in November at one of our local Ulta stores.

3. Gluttony: What are your most delicious beauty products?
You should ask my friends. They have a penchant for sniffing my lip products, despite my warnings that the majority of them have no scent or may carry an unpleasant chemically cosmetic scent. However, I think my Liplicious lip glosses from Bath and Body Works are the best smelling. I have them in Mango Mousse, Black Cherry, Raspberry Jam, and Fruit Punch. They smell exactly as the names would imply. Yum.


4. Sloth: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
I don't use many cosmetic items regularly as it is, so I have to answer with a skincare product. That would be lotion. I know; it's a horrible thing to neglect. I regularly moisturize my face and neck, but my hands [and the rest of me] are quite often ignored. I suppose it's ironic, considering I spend so much time and effort painting my nails. You'd think I'd want to keep my hands looking nice and smooth.

5. Pride: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
Lipstick, without a doubt. Despite my skin deciding that now is a good time to get the kind of acne I should have already gone through during puberty, I have actually gone out the past several days with very little to no face makeup. A swipe of lipstick brings color to my very pale complexion and balances out the contrast between my fair skin and dark hair. And lipstick is just fun!


6. Lust: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
I really don't see how this is relevant to a beauty tag, but alrighty then. There's really no specific trend or pattern for me as far as physical attributes. Nice eyes and short hair are always initial attractions, but that's very vague. Honestly, it's got way more to do with personality, and that's completely individual.

7. Envy: What makeup item would you most like to receive as a gift?
I would say a foundation, but since that's really a personal product to choose, and I've never tried any before, I'm going with a Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick. The Emma Watson ads are certainly doing their job, because I'm quite enticed by that product, despite the fact that lipsticks really shouldn't be so expensive, but that's irrelevant to the question. 


Those are my answers to the tag. I limited the requisite extra ramblings as much as possible, though I realize some of my answers aren't super specific.

I'd love to see your tag if you've done this one, or feel free to do it if you haven't. I think it's fun!

Happy Tuesday! [Random, I know. I couldn't think of anything.]

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment