Monday, November 5, 2012

25 Questions Beauty Tag

Hello dear readers,

Wow! I managed to skip an entire month. November is quite possibly busier for me than October, so I'm doing this tag while I have time. I found this 25 Beauty Questions Tag on Beauty in Balance, and I thought it would be a fun way to return to the blogosphere without taking up too much time.

And the questions are...
1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?
I generally apply it with my fingers, since I find it easy to blend liquid foundation that way. I do, however, own a foundation brush which I prefer to use when I mix foundations or foundation and moisturizer.


2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?
I don't use eyeshadow, mostly because I don't have the patience to learn how to do it well.


3. Do you prime your eyes?
As I said, I don't wear eyeshadow. Instead, I cover up the darkness on my eyelids with concealer. I guess that's irrelevant.

4. Concealer first, or after foundation?
Concealer after foundation, because otherwise I would mess up the concealer by blending foundation over it. This way I can use less concealer as well.

5. Go for manicures, or manicure yourself?
I do them myself. I did enjoy the one time I got a manicure, but I prefer to do my own.


6. Exfoliate lips, face or both?
I exfoliate my face once or twice a week when I'm at home by adding baking soda to my facial cleanser. For my lips, I exfoliate with a damp washcloth or Q-tip.


7. On average, how long does it take you to do your makeup?
It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. It only takes 15 minutes or so when I decide to spend extra time perfecting my skin and/or mixing my own lip colors. 


8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
I don't wear makeup if I don't have any plans for the day. If I'm staying in and doing homework, exercising, going to the grocery store, or with my family on a break, I don't wear it. Generally I wear it at least 6 days out of the week.


9. What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)
I’m not sure what specific releases are coming up in the makeup world, but I always like to see the holiday collections and sets from various brands. I am excited about the Skyfall collection from OPI, though I doubt I'll get anything from it.


10. What’s your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?
Lipstick is definitely number one on that list based on how many I have, but I also have a weakness for shoes and purses.

11. Do you whiten your teeth?
No.

12. Wax eyebrows, or pluck?
I don't really do anything to mine, but I'll pluck a stray hair if there is one.


13. What do you use to contour?
I don't actually contour. I'm so pale that I don't think I'd be able to find a color to contour with if I wanted to.

14. False lashes, or natural?
Natural. Unless they're for a costume, false lashes creep me out.


15. Favorite makeup brand?
I haven't tried enough different makeup items from each brand to be able to pick a favorite.


16. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
I've only ever tried pencil.


17. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
Lipstick, without a doubt.


18. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadow?
If I were to wear any, I would choose pressed eyeshadow. It seems easiest to work with.


19. If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?
Lipstick. It instantly brightens up my complexion and adds color to my pale skin.


20. Favorite color?
I'm going to answer this generally and not related to makeup: I would have to say aqua and variations of it.


21. Favorite color combination?
If this is referring to eyeshadow, I'm not really sure. I personally would just wear neutrals.


22. Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)
Hypothetically, I would choose natural for myself.


23. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
Quality.


24. Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones?
I don’t really use masks at the moment. When I do want to use one, I just go for pure honey. I enjoy using it because it feels refreshing.


25. What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings..)
Lipsticks are always my addiction, but I'm addicted to researching concealers and foundations for future consideration.


That's all for the 25 Beauty Questions Tag. As always, if you're interested in filling this out on your own blog or in the comments, please do. I love reading them. The last tag I filled out was the 14 Fun Facts About Me. I will be doing a post soon explaining my absence, and I should have at least a couple of photos in that one. 

I hope you had a phenomenal October and a fabulous Halloween if you chose to celebrate it!

Until next time...

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment