Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter Wonderland [Yes; It's a Tag!]




Source


Hello, dear readers,

Today I present to you the Winter Wonderland tag, found on YouTube. Winter happens to be my least favorite season as far as weather goes, but you can read on to see what I actually like about it!
Here you are:

What is your favorite part of winter?

My favorite part of winter is that it's the holiday season for most people, meaning my friends and I are home from our colleges for winter break. There are also many cheerful lights up for Christmas, which I really enjoy seeing, and I get to celebrate Hanukkah. The lights serve to cheer me up in the winter darkness. I also get to spend more time with my family, and more time reading for pleasure. My friends and I celebrate New Year's Eve together, and, more recently, both Christmas and Hanukkah.

What do you dislike about winter? 
I sincerely dislike cold weather, and I'm a complete wimp about it. I also hate when it snows a foot or more in height, because, while it looks gorgeous from inside, it's a pain to walk through and will promptly turn into sludge. I can't stand the lack of sunlight, especially because it horribly affects my mood. Thank goodness for holiday cheer, or I wouldn't be able to stand the season!

What are your top 3 winter essentials?
I definitely need hydrocortisone, because I get horrible dry patches around my mouth and nose, and in between my brows. That's the only thing that effectively cures the dryness. Avon hand cream is also a must to prevent cracked and sore hands. I practically live in cardigans all winter long, because I don't find long-sleeved shirts terribly comfortable.

Name one thing that reminds you of winter.
Hot cocoa.

What is your ultimate product for winter?
Besides my three essentials, I have to say lip balm. I abhor cracked and dry lips, considering my favorite makeup item is lipstick. Lipstick on flaky skin is just unacceptable.

Is it snowing outside?
Not at the moment, but I'm sure it will snow again before I know it.

What is your favorite hot drink for winter?
Hot cocoa.

What is your favorite winter movie to watch on cold days?
I watch my favorite movies year round, so there aren't really specific seasonal ones. However, the Harry Potter movies are perfect for winter, as many of them are dark and the action tends to take place during wintry scenes. I also enjoy The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe as a movie that prominently features winter. Of course, Elf and classic Christmas movies are always perfect for cold weather.

What is your favorite food to eat in the cold winter months?
I do love the grilled cheese sandwiches my mom makes on the stove, for the days when comfort food is a must, along with tomato soup. Soup in general is always good for winter.

If winter was all year round, what would you always spend your time doing?
Traveling to another country that didn't have winter all year round. I wouldn't be able to live somewhere that had winter all year round. If I had to, however, I'd probably spend tons of time reading novels whilst curled up under a blanket.

That's all for this tag, and I, as always, encourage you to do this as well. At least think about the questions; I enjoy reading people's answers and seeing how my own differ.

I hope those of you who celebrate Hanukkah had a great first night, and those of you who don't are getting excited about their wintry holidays!

xEsther

No comments:

Post a Comment